Saturday, November 13, 2010

iLike

This beautiful new book, fresh from the hands of the lovely and talented Liz Lamoreaux. I've just begun to read it and am loving it already. It's thoughtful and inspiring and so authentically Liz. I even discovered what I call "a message from the Universe" tucked inside it. What I like about this book is that it takes a different approach than most mixed media art books do. Liz encourages you to turn within and to develop daily practices to help unearth completely new was to express yourself. If you're interested in ordering a copy, you can do so here.



Just like her first book in this style, What It Is, her second book, Picture This: The Nearsighted Monkey Book is a delightful combination of journal, comic book and zine resulting in a work that is visually engaging. She just makes me want to stop whatever I am doing and make zines!



Also on my iLike list are Father's Son by Fistful of Mercy, a band that includes George Harrison's son along with Blue Streak Mama by Vancouver's own Frazey Ford on her debut solo album. Frazey is a member of the trio, The Be Good Tanyas. If you want an oldie, but a goodie, I'm also wearing out Bruce Springsteen's Atlantic City. You can, of course, find them all on iTunes.



In between times, I am working on my speech and slide show (whichis almost finished!) for my presentation and I've begun working on material for the book. I always seem to be juggling a series of projects, but I guess that's how I work best. I'm a multi-tasker at heart. It's probably a good thing I have lots to keep me busy in the studio right now-apparently, I've got a stress fracture in my left foot. I'm supposed to keep off it and let it heal.*rolls eyes* Not terribly happy about that, but what can ya do?



Anyway, before I sign off, I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who commented or emailed to say congratulations. Thank you!

No comments: