Tuesday, December 13, 2011

On the Wing

On the Wing

This morning, I have a couple more images taken at the salmon graveyard on the weekend to share. (You can click on them to view at full size.)

This image of geese taking flight over the river is so emotive to me. I wonder if your experience of it is the same as mine?

Branches Bare

I was taken by these frosted branches along the shore line. They reminded me of a quote from Hemingway:

"You expected to be sad in the fall. Part of you dies each year when the leaves fell from the trees and their branches were bare against the wind and the cold, wintry light. But you knew there would always be the spring, as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen."

Isn't that beautiful? 

Autumn is drawing to a close-I can feel the change in season starting to happen. Winter is close at hand.

Turn, turn, turn...

No comments: