Sunday, January 22, 2012

Leap of Faith


So for awhile now, I've been making handmade postcards from images I've created in the photography classes I've been taking. I've always thought I would love working with a card company, but since that hasn't happened (yet) I've been content to start making them on my own. I love postcards and I've made a few sets to exchange with a few of my classmates in Getting Through the Grey.

My friend Pip got the packet I sent her in the mail this week and encouraged me to put some of my postcards for sale in my Etsy shop. I hemmed and hawed about it and then she emailed me again yesterday, giving me another gentle nudge. This morning, I took a leap of faith and went ahead and did it. Sometimes it's hard to put yourself out there, but honestly, what do I have to lose? No risk, no reward! (Thanks Pip for your vote of confidence! xo)

I have three different sets available, with plans to offer more, once I get prints made, which hopefully will happen later today.  Until then, you can find my first three sets here, here and here. You can send them to a friend or to keep for yourself. They'd also look cool sewn into your journal, or you could always frame them-it's up to you! Pip said she plans to frame hers.


**Mary Ellen & Sherry, please email me your snail mail addys so I can send you your winnings! Thanks!**

No comments: