Monday, January 16, 2012

Tapping In

Tapping In

I think far and away, this is one of my most favourite images. I took a photograph of a section one of my mixed media pieces and then layered it with a self portrait of my hand. It took some fiddling to blend it to my satisfaction, but essentially, that's what I did.

I was going to write about what this image represents to me but the more I thought about it, the more I realized that maybe it's more interesting to hear what YOU think it's about, if you'd like to share. I'm curious how other people filter my work. If you are going to comment on this image, I'd like to challenge you to post your own thoughts and observations before reading anyone else's. (But feel free to read the other comments when you're done!)

And as an added bonus, if you take the time to comment, I'll enter your name in a draw to receive this image as a handmade postcard from me when I do my next round of photo prints. I'll take comments till 8 p.m. (PST) on Thursday, January 19th and I'll post the winner's name here on Friday morning, so be sure and check back!

Ready? Set...GO!

4 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

Your hand carries the meaning for me. As an artist, our hand are our most previous tools. Your focus on the hand as it uncovers the figure is powerful as it almost seems to symbolize uncovering some important secret of yourself.

Sherry said...

I see you hand hovering...ready to touch or to absorb...wisdom, thoughts...just ready to touch the buddha's head. I see a heart and mind connection...the heart coming through the hand and the interconnectedness of how our spirit, our soul and our bodies need to always be "one". Namaste.

And I'm not reading what anyone else thinks. I always believe in interpreting art the way I see it without being clouded by what someone else sees. I value their opinion and their interpretation but I want it to remain "theirs".

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...I really like this image. The layering gives it a great dimensionality...really adds to the work's story!!! And yes...please put my name in your hat..I'd love to have this postcard!!!

Sweet Petunia said...

Love your new header...thanks for the sweet comment! Means a lot to me coming from such a fabulous artist!