Thursday, April 12, 2012

Winner!


Strength In Numbers

A few months ago, the BC & Yukon Division of the MS Society ran a photo contest for images depicting self-help support groups in our region. I'd taken this photo of my group for an article I wrote for Someonelikeme.ca (the MS Society's website for younger people who either have MS or have a loved one affected by MS) about the value of support groups. When the call for photographs went out, I figured why not? Turns out it was a smart move on my part-I won 2nd place!

So what did I win? Well, there's a $40 Starbuck's gift card on its way to me, which will be used to purchase some treats for my group! CAKE POPS FOR EVERYONE! In addition to that, my photo was published in the Division's newsletter, MS Hope, MS Heros. (If you click the link, the photos appear on the last page, so scroll right down.) It was nice news to receive and I can't wait to surprise my group with goodies next week when we meet.

*****

Just a quick reminder, there are just 3 days left to sign up for the Washi Tape exchange. Details here.

3 comments:

Michelle @ Give a Girl a Fig said...

Congratulations!! That is amazing...the photo is so wonderful. xo

Carol Browne said...

Congratulations! Woohoo! This is great news. Party and Cakepops for everyone!

Great photo. I'm so glad they selected it. I like that you used the real people for your photo.

Seth said...

Great image. I can see why it was a winner. Congratulations!