Friday, November 02, 2012

Good Mail Day!


It's here! Stampington's Somerset Studio arrived in the magic mailbox today! I didn't know they were going to send me a complimentary issue. They usually do when you write an article for them, but I forgot they also do it when they publish your work. I am glad they did-I haven't been able to track one down in stores here yet. (Though certainly not for lack of trying!)


So here's my work between the pages. I posted images of my entire 5x5 submission here, if you'd like to see the whole thing. Seth did a great job on the article, all TEN pages of it! It's really nice that Stampington made so much room in this issue to showcase some of the 110 pieces Seth received for this call. Congratulations Seth! Long live The Pulse! Seth is now working on his second book, which is wonderful news. I can't wait to see it!

Also in the November/December issue is a great artist profile by Rice Freeman-Zachery about my friend DJ Pettit. DJ is one of the nicest people you'll ever meet and she crazy talented. She does amazing work combining her beautiful photographs with paint and textiles. I've taken a class with DJ and the techniques she's developed are like nothing I'd ever seen before. It was great reading this article and seeing how her work has grown over the years. She sent me one of her handmade books years ago and I treasure it. It's so uniquely DJ.


In addition the the magazine, the mail also brought my order from Artchix Studio. When I saw these really cool palmistry wood cuts online and had to order some for myself. (I have a thing for hands!)


Helga always ships things lightening fast and they're always beautifully packaged.


She also includes something a little extra and these were the extras this time. Love them! Yesterday was a good mail day all around! 

1 comment:

Seth said...

Thanks so much for sharing such a wonderful creation for this project and congratulations on being published in the feature in Somerset Studio. I am very happy for you!