Monday, April 29, 2013

Let The Monoprinting Begin!

Guess who is the proud new owner of a Gelli Plate! Yes indeed! I decided to see if the (somewhat) local scrapbooking store was carrying them and they were! First I wanted to show you what I did with some of the papers I created the first time I played with my friend Penn's plate a couple weeks ago. 


I've made some bits to add to my art journals. Super easy and a good way to spend a rainy afternoon. I have all sorts of shape punches and rubber, so I went through my stash and chose some of my favourites. Voila! Instant collage fodder!

 Yesterday was a busy day, so I only got to play with my plate for an hour, but as you can see, you don't need alot of time to get results.


Regrettably, you don't really get a sense of how bright and beautiful the prints are-it doesn't quite translate on a computer. 

It's time for me to stock up on acrylics-I've printed over 100 sheets now with a paint collection that I've had since 2009. I'd say that's pretty economical! My dollar store has an excellent selection of colours, so I'll have to swing buy and replenish my supply. Since I'm only using a nickle sized dollop every time, a little sure goes a long way!

I had to laugh when I showed my husband the plate. I took it out of the box and held it up so he could see. (If you haven't seen one, it looks like an 8 x 10 sheet of clear jello-it's silicone)
 He says "That was $30?" 
Me: "Yes."
Him: "Whatever makes you happy Honey."

SMART MAN!
Honestly, he has always been super supportive of anything I am doing and doesn't seem to mind if I want to buy some new tool or take a class or whatever, as long as it makes me happy. He's a keeper!

3 comments:

gisele said...

"Whatever makes you happy, honey" Wise words indeed!!

Carol Browne said...

DREAMY! Also, that's the best answer for just about everything, isn't it? I remember asking Mike for a compost for my birthday and one of my coworkers could not believe that's what I wanted - she thought I should be asking for jewelery. LOLS. Yay for us!

Also, I see a Geli date in our future! Huzzah!

Bettyann said...

lovely and fun...which store?