Saturday, September 22, 2007

Upcoming Classes

Copyright Tattered Edge 2007

Hi Everyone! So the packing has begun in earnest. I can't tell you how odd it feels to be dismantling my workspace here. The lovely part about it is that as I pack each piece of art that lives in this space, I think about the artist friend who gifted it to me. It's like having a visit with each of them as I go along. I know that this same feeling will happen when I unpack and set up my studio space at the other end. There's something to be said for surrounding yourself with art that is meaningful to you. Each work I've been given came with a small piece of that friend's heart and soul and I treasure each and every one.


At the same time, I am busily preparing for the Art-2-Go Conference for the BC Art Teacher's Association. They have the class schedule posted now for those of you who are local teachers and are planning to attend. My workshop is on the 19th if you are looking for it and listed under "L. Lloyd".


Just a reminder that if you are looking for classes locally, I will be teaching a mixed media button bracelet workshop at Place des Arts in November. This bracelet is a variation of my button charm necklace that was featured in the July/August 2007 Belle Armoire magazine. You can register for classes at Place des Arts online or by phone. (The original post about it is here.)


I am also offering two FREE workshops at the Poirier Library in January and February. Those classes are well and truly FREE but you must call to register as seating is limited!


If you are interested in booking private workshops or conference worhshops, I would be happy to discuss it with you. Please email me enquire.


So...I am keeping pretty busy and trying to fit some personal art time in here and there. Right now I am making some more handmade Moo cards. They are so addictive and I love working small. It's also a great way to use up all the bits floating around on my desk.


I also bought "Organizing Your Craft Space". I mentioned it before when I first borrowed it from the library. It has wonderful photos and a ton of helpful ideas about how to make your space work for you. I thought that since I am moving and will be working on creating a new and improved space, I should own it. I like to use 3M tabs to mark the pages and ideas I like. Most of my books and magazines have these tabs sticking out all over. I also have a binder with pages torn from old issues of art magazine tucked inside page protectors with things I found particularly inspiring. I refer back to these things when I feel stuck creatively and it always helps. Anyway, is you are looking for a book that will help you make your workspace more user friendly space, this is it!

Okay, off to fill another box. Stay tuned for my adventures down on the farm on Monday!




1 comment:

Deb said...

Hang in there, my dear friend.

Just think of what a wonderful new art space you can design, and of all your fantastic teaching opportunities!

You will be safely ensconced in your new home before you know it.

Hugs,

Deb