Thursday, September 22, 2011

Synergy

The Company You Keep
The Company You Keep

I'm now 3 weeks into Swan Dive and I am still learning so much. This week, we're tackling layering of photos and cloning. The bottom left and right are each created from two photos I took, layered together and then added some texture to. The large image at the top is cloning, plus some text. (The original, with only one set of my feet is my most favourite self portrait from Wading In. The text is part of a favourite poem, The Invitation by Oriah Mountain Dreamer.)

I decided to make this collage from work I've done this week when I realized these images were thematic. It's an extension of myself, really. It's weird to find your soul leaping out at you like this. (Weird in a good way, though.) I feel as if I've been granted magical powers or something-like I've got the key to unlock a secret room of my artistic self I never knew existed. My classmates are also creating the magic-every day there is amazing work being done. It really is quite remarkable.

At the beginning of 2011, I chose my word for the year.
 
Synergy: the working together of two things to produce an effect greater than the sum of their individual effects.

My intention for 2011 was to be open to opportunities where I could combine my energy with others to produce a greater effect, whether through art or altruism to make use of the gifts I possess.

I knew that if I stayed focused and kept my eyes open, synergy will show up all over the place and it has! Wading In, Light Hunters and Swan Dive have been a humming hive of creative synergy. In fact, Wading In showed up in my life as a gift a mere 19 days after I set my intention for 2011! If that isn't affirming, I don't know what is! It's shown up in other ways too, but that's a story for another time.

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Enjoyed your post and your pictures from swan dive are lovely. I am in the process ( a long one) of learning more about photoshop and would be interested in knowing more about swan dive. Would love to hear back from you. jstonefnp@yahoo.com Thanks, jeanne http://thebutterflymetamorphosis.blogspot.com