Saturday, May 21, 2005

Art Amidst the Chaos

It's the long weekend here in Canada, Victoria Day, so the guys are home and driving me nutso. I have come to the conclusion that they are in collusion with one another. It's like tag-team pestering here. I sit down to do art and 10 minutes later someone is asking me for something. I get that handled, just settle back into my groove and then the other one is asking for something else. My kingdom for a studio where I could go in, close the door, crank the music and put a "Do Not Disturb" sign on the doorknob. Don't get me wrong, I love them. I just wish they could leave me alone for 2 seconds!

Anyway, despite the handicap of interruptions, I managed to get some art work made today and uploaded it to Gallery #5. I am quite pleased with today's work. For the first time I used some family photos and it was just so personal and inspiring. I have a good collection of old photos so now I am thinking about scanning them all so I can use them.

Hope everyone is having an artful weekend!

No comments: