Saturday, April 28, 2007

Burnt Offerings

Copyright Tattered Edge 2007

Copyright Tattered Edge 2007



Remember the other day when I was talking about those crazy matches that wouldn't stay lit long enough to burn anything? Well this was what I was burning-a series of ATCs I call "Burnt Offerings" that I am taking to trade in Bellingham today.

Usually I go with a friend to the swap because it's a trip to the US so it normally entails shopping and lunch as well, but today I decided it would be nice to just fly solo and enjoy my own company. We all need that sometimes-to just "be" and not have to worry about anyone else but ourselves. I don't do that very often but I am looking forward to it, since the weather has been pretty cold and rainy and I haven't gone out much in the last little while. While I am down there I hope to take some photos along the way-perhaps of some of the old barns I drive by. I love old barns!

Tomorrow we (my guys and I) have plans to drive out to Ft. Langley for part of the day and take photos there as well, if the weather is half way decent. Let's just say everything here is lush and green. When I stepped on the grass yesterday, it made a distinct "squish" sound it was so saturated. There is blue sky peeking out now, so I am hopefully we might actually get a dry day here today!

1 comment:

liz elayne lamoreux said...

these are beautiful. i love the colors and the burned edges. very cool.
i am just catching up on reading some blogs today...i am so glad you wrote about how you were upset with a friend stealing your photos. the line becomes some blurry in blogworld and i believe we have to speak up for ourselves to help the line come back into focus.

anyway, i hope you had a great time taking care of yourself with your adventure to bellingham. i hear such wonderful things about that city...maybe one day we could meet there! :) keep taking care of you...