Sunday, April 29, 2007

The Spoils

Copyright Tattered Edge 2007
I am back from my day trip to the US! The weather was gorgeous-warm and sunny and such a happy change from all the rain and cold weather we've been having! The border was fairly busy yesterday-it took me 45 minutes to get through, but I imagine most folks had the same idea as I had-get out while the gettin's good! These are some of the goodies I brought home with me. I bought some really pretty handmade lace to dye with the dyes I bought at Artfest. I can't wait to play with it. I also bought a package of vintage hooks and eyes. I love the old printing on them.


Copyright Tattered Edge 2007

I found these old scissors in my favourite antique shop in Lynden. When I spotted them, there was no way I was going home without them. I fell in love with them! I adore old sewing stuff and these are just so beautifully crafted, I couldn't resist. I paid $12 US for them, but I will own there forever and every time I look at them, they will bring a smile to my face.

Copyright Tattered Edge 2007

I also spotted this odd little doll tucked in a corner. It reminded me of my kewpies so I decided it needed to come home with me. I can't imagine that it ever had clothed, based on how the arms are moulded to the body. It's just kind of weird-naked and clutching a lolly. I will have to do some research.

I am still looking for an old wire toast holder, the kind that you could put several slices of bread into at one time. I saw a very small one in the antique shop, but I know they come larger than that one was, so I will keep looking.

The ATC swap didn't start till 2 p.m., so I had lunch at this place that makes burritos bigger than any human being in their right mind should consume. I didn't know that till my order came and then I was wishing I had ordered off the kid's menu. It was 10 inches long, 6 inches across and 6 inches thick! I cut a small piece off the end and had that and ended up tossing the rest. I hate wasting food like that, but there was no way I could (or would) eat the whole thing and I couldn't take it back across the border with me. Of course when I told the guys about it, they got all excited and now they want to go down and see for themselves. ROFL!

It was great visiting with old friends at the swap and catching up. It's been awhile since I've been able to make it down. Friends that I haven't seen in ages from Vancouver were there too. Jacques cracked me up because he knew I looked different, but couldn't figure out why. He thought I had cut my hair. LOL! Nope! There is something different about my appearance, but it's not my hair!

It was really nice to be able to just spend the day doing whatever I wanted and not having to worry about anything or anyone else. It was really relaxing. I just drove with the windows rolled down and the stereo cranked up, singing at the top of my lungs. Bliss!


No comments: