Monday, May 14, 2007

Tales from the Weekend

Copyright Tattered Edge 2007

Next weekend is the Vancouver ATC swap once again. Usually I am making my ATCs the night before because I have left it to the last minute. This time, I am actually ahead of the game! I designed the ATC I want to make yesterday evening and I plan to get some done today. The theme this month is "Postage". I don't usually follow the theme, but I love postage so it was easy for me. This is the faux postage I created, "Lost Mail".




Copyright Tattered Edge 2007

These are a couple of shots from Crescent Beach yesterday. It's one of my favourite places to beachcomb. The tide was waaaaaaaaay out by 9:45 a.m. so we had to walk a long time till we reached the ocean's edge. It was pretty windy, but that didn't keep my son from skinboarding in the tidal pools. We walked and played in the water for about an hour and a half before we decided we were freezing and it was time to go warm up. (We couldn't feel our feet anymore!)

A stop at Starbucks for coffee (for the guys) and chai (for me) helped alot and we ended up eating the picnic lunch we had packed at home. The forecast had called for it to be warm and sunny, so I don't know what happened that it ended up being chilly like it was. Regardless, we had a good time hanging out together and enjoying the beach. Have I mentioned lately that I live in one of the most beautiful places on earth?

Today is a day to relax and work on some personal art. Things have been so busy lately with my teaching schedule (not complaining!) that I haven't created anything solely for my own amusement. I have also begun preparing for the exhibit I am doing at my local library next month. (More details to follow!)

No comments: