Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Preparing for Summer!

Sorry-no pictures today! I did want to post though to say that the closet reno is almost done. With the help of my friend Lance, (do-it-yourself-er extraordinaire!) we managed to get 10 shelves installed and we only have the two long upper shelves left to complete. We'll be putting those in on the weekend.

I went to Ikea and bought some more boxes to hold all the bits and I am labelling them as I go. It's amazing how much room that's created and it feels so much better to know that soon everything will have a place and if I need something I can put my hand on it instantly! It's making me excited about summer and having time to do some art for me!

In other news, I am launching a new project with friends, a collaborative book. It's been awhile since I hosted one and I wanted to do something fun and interactive over the summer. I am looking forward to that too.

I've ordered a bunch of books:

1.Wide Open: Creativity Notebook & Card Set: Inspiration & Techniques for Art Journaling on the Edge by Randi Feuerhelm-Watts

2. Wreck This Journal by Keri Smith

3. Art Making, Collections, and Obsessions: An Intimate Exploration of the Mixed-Media Work and Collections of 35 Artists by Lynne Perrella

4. Taking Flight: Inspiration And Techniques To Give Your Creative Spirit Wings by Kelly Rae Roberts

5. Pasticcio QuARTz by Angela Cartwright & Sarah Fishburn

And some goodies from Papier Valise. I am getting stocked up for summer inspiration! I am not good with heat so I tend to hibernate during the summer and what better way to keep cool than to spend time in my studio playing? The new digital tower fan I bought is wonderful and it makes it so nice in here. I want to learn and grow over the summer. I want to experiment and see where my creativity takes me!

So what about you? What are YOUR artistic plan for the summer going to be? I'd love to hear!

1 comment:

TheSeaWithin said...

Hey,

Thanks for your comment. Great to meet another winnipeger who understands the winnipeg coincidence!!