Monday, July 07, 2008

Catch Up Post

C0pyright Tattered Edge 2008

Hello again! I suppose you think I've wandered off into the summer and forgotten about my blog. Au contraire! Actually, I was dealing with computer woes. Late last week, I did an automatic update and it asked me to reboot, so I did. Next thing I know, I am staring at nothing. Black screen-nothing. I thought my computer had had a total meltdown (This has happened to me once before wherein my mother board was completely fried.) but when my friend Lance came by to help me figure out what happened, we discovered it was actually the monitor that was kaput.

I never suspected the monitor was the problem because mine is only 15 months old. Fortunately, my husband had purchased a 2 year extended warranty, so I took it back to the store. They are sending it back to the manufacturer who will either repair or replace it. In the meantime, I purchased a new monitor (which I will either get credited for later or I will return if they somehow resurrect my dead one) so I am back in business. I was connected via my laptop for a couple of days, but it doesn't have all the important stuff on it.

I have learned my lesson. I have three words for you people: external hard drive. Buy one and back up all your important files. You have no idea what a nightmare it would have been if my hard drive had been fried again. All my workshops, all my photos and art, an extensive iTunes library, my website writing program, all my personal and business contacts would have been lost. External hard drives are your friends. Get yourself one!

So..catching up...

Canada Day was alot of fun. We had a bunch of friends over for a BBQ. The weather was perfect-pleasant, but not too hot. The food was fantastic and everyone had a great time hanging out together. We'll probably do it again before summer is over.

Over the last few days, the studio looks like a tornado blew through. There's stuff everywhere. I have been working on design work for Hannah Grey. I hope to have new designs posted to the Hannah Grey blog by the end of the week.

If you haven't checked out the Hannah Grey design blog, you're missing out-there are a whole bunch of free instructions for cool projects, which include links to the products used to make shopping easier. Go take a peek! There might just be something there to inspire your summer creativity.

I ordered the 1000 Journals Project book and it arrived last week. What a great book! It's got page upon page of cool journal entries and I liked that they added some 3D and texture effects to come of the pages. I am about 1/2 way through looking at it. I got to work in one of the journals at Artfest a few years ago when the crew came to shoot for their film. I love that I got to be a part of that.

I have exchanged ephemera with the folks who emailed me about wanting to trade. My packets went out early last week. I can't wait to see what goodies arrive. Going to the Post office will be an adventure for the next little while!

Anyone still wanting to participate in the Moo Exchange I am hosting, can still sign up by clicking here. I will be accepting sign ups till July 11th.

The collaborative book project I am hosting is humming right along and I am preparing for the next project I want to do. All in all, things have been pretty busy in the studio so far, but I'm having fun. Today I am going to take a small break and go out for a bit. I want to poke around in some stores for a bit, just for a change of scenery.

Oh and that pic above is just me futzing around. The colours didn't scan very nicely for some reason. It's actually quite vibrant-not all muddied as it appears. Not a very good representation of it all all. Let's just say I am not too keen on the new HP printer. Never again.

Okay, I think that's all the news that's fit to print! I'm off! *waves*


No comments: