Tuesday, August 19, 2008

This N' That

Copyright Tattered Edge 2008
It feels like I am always racing to keep up as the summer is slipping away. The last few days were unbearably hot here in BC-30C for four days straight. Sleeping was neigh impossible and the studio was more like a sweat shop so I didn't get much done. I did however manage to get some ATCs made for the monthly swap. This might look simple but it was several steps and took the better part of the day to make enough for Sunday. It's amazing how the heat can slow ya down!

Last Monday, I had an unexpected surprise waiting in my post box. My friend Deryn sent me this gorgeous necklace. It's the one she made specifically for the article I wrote about 3rd generation art from Moo cards for the July/August issue of Somerset Studio. She knew I loved it from the moment I first saw it.

It came beautifully wrapped with a note saying she hoped it would brighten my day. It most certainly did and I am very humbled by her generous gift. I seriously have the best friends in the world. THANK YOU Deryn! xox

In other news, I am participating in The Pulse on Seth Apter's blog, along with a slew of other artists. Seth will be posting The Pulse daily for a total of 30 days, so be sure and bookmark it so you don't miss a thing!

Indy continues to be a source of joy. He's just the sweetest pup ever and everyone who meets him falls in love with him. He makes me laugh alot. The other day he discovered ants and was stomping them with his big paws. It was interesting to see an animal interacting with an insect like that.

Last night he went to the garden with my husband. My husband was picking green beans and next thing he knows, Indy is there "helping" him-ripping the beans off the bush and nibbling them. (He loves veggies!)

The best thing about this little guy is he is a beautiful spirit-pure love. There's nothing like having a dog to love. I am so glad we got him. *bliss*

Hope everyone is having a great summer!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're very welcome L! I'm so glad you love it. I hope it inspires you!

Seth said...

Thanks for linking to The Pulse Lelainia! So happy you are participating.

Anonymous said...

ooh - that is beautiful! What a wonderful gift!